Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Monday, March 4, 2013

Inexpensive and Simple Scented Hand soap



O.k., I'll admit it, I'm a hand soap snob! There, I said it.

I am an addict for fabulous smelling and looking hand soap.  Nothing
makes me happier than washing my hands after getting my haircut at the Aveda salon in my town.  They have THE most fabulous Rosemary and Mint scented hand soap but at $17.00 a bottle for 8.5 ounces I just can't bring myself to purchase it.  Not only because I think it's insanely overpriced but I also have a 16 year old who uses about 1/4 cup every time he washes his hands!

This dilemma made me take matters into my own hands, no pun intended.
I decided to make my own scented hand soap for a fraction of the cost.



It's quite simple.  All you need is some UNSCENTED liquid soap, available in a ton of different brands and colors.
You will also need to purchase some essential oils, choose whatever fragrances you like best or better yet, experiment with combining scents to make it uniquely your own.

First pour the liquid soap into whatever container you want to use.
Leave some room at the top for the appropriate amount of essential oils.
The amount you use will determine how much liquid soap you are using and your own personal preference.  Just remember, concentrated essential oils can be quite strong so go easy at first, you can always add more later.
Once you add your oils shake well and voila, you now have your own scented hand soap for pennies on the dollar!

Enjoy!








No comments:

Post a Comment